Higgs Funeral Home opened in Soperton on July 13, 1999. Green Higgs had worked in the funeral industry for over 25 years and decided to fulfill his dream of operating his own funeral home. Along with son Greg, and the entire Higgs family, he finally saw his dream come true.
In 1995, Green bought the old Dr. Barwick house on Eastman Road that was built in 1882. He cleaned and maintained the old home until he decided to remodel parts of it into the present day funeral home. A lot of the original architecture has been maintained in the beautiful old home. He opened the business with a small 75 seat chapel, a 12 casket showroom and two viewing rooms.
In 2002, Green decided to build a new chapel that would be attached to the original building. This chapel provides seating for 160 as well as viewing area for family and friends.
Green and Greg are very proud of their accomplishments and look forward to continued service for many years to come.